Welcome to the School of Information Technology
JOE MEADORS, M.S.Ed.
National Dean, School of Information Technology
Welcome to the School of Information Technology. Today’s IT job market demands both a degree and industry certifications. At Harrison College we have very intentionally created programs with courses that allow students to attain both credentials. Through our academic affiliations with industry leaders VMware, Cisco, Microsoft, EMC and CompTIA, Harrison students are prepared to obtain up to seventeen IT industry certifications along the way to a degree. Our instructors are experts in their field and share real world experiences to help students apply what they learn. I invite you to explore our IT programs, compare what we offer, and contact an admissions representative to learn more about our School of Information Technology.
Harrison College School of Information Technology is formally associated with the following:
- Microsoft IT Academy
- Cisco Networking Academy
- CompTIA Academic Partner Program
- VMware IT Academy
- EMC Academic Alliance
- National Center for Women in IT
Harrison College offers courses that address the objectives of the following certification exams:
10 Reasons to Choose Harrison's IT Program
- Each of our degree programs rolls one into another without the loss of credits. You might start by pursuing a nine month Helpdesk Certificate, then decide to roll those courses into an AAS Network degree, and then later decide to roll all those credits into our Bachelors of IT - all with no loss of credits earned.
- The Bachelor's of IT has focus areas in virtualization, security, and project management, three of the top growing fields in IT.
- We offer instruction for you to earn as many as 17 different industry certifications with testing that can be taken at our campus.
- We have Academic Partnerships of Associations with VMWare, Cisco, Microsoft, EMC and CompTIA, giving you access to their curriculum.
- We offer credit for IT certifications if obtained within the last two years- allowing you to earn your degree faster.
- We provide virtualization classes that teach all three virtualization platforms: VMWare, Citrix Xen, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Students get hands on experience through a 12 credit hour class that gives you 160 hours of in-field experience with an IT firm.
- Our IT program has small class sizes that offer more one-on-one attention to you.
- We're a member of the National Center for Women in IT (NCWIT.)
- We provide special tutoring to ensure your success if it's needed