Once you’re accepted and enrolled at Harrison, you will immediately apply for financial aid. The checklist below details everything you must complete to get financial aid. You must also have a Financial Aid Consultation with a Harrison Financial Aid Analyst, and submit a signed Financial Aid Plan prior to classes starting. Because all of these steps must happen before you’ll be able to start classes and purchase books, we encourage you to contact us at 888-544-4422 if you have any questions along the way. We’re here to help you!
Harrison Financial Aid Checklist 2012-2013 for Online Students
After you’ve completed the necessary steps below, schedule your Financial Aid Consultation with a Harrison Financial Aid Analyst. Afterwards, you’ll be ready to submit a signed Financial Aid Plan. It’s important to know that your financial aid is not complete until your signed Financial Aid Plan has been submitted; that is, you won’t be able to order books or start classes.
Instructions: All students must complete steps 1-7 below. Please also be careful to read the additional steps some students must complete depending on status (dependent, independent, Veteran). All items will need to be completed and either faxed to the Online Financial Aid Department at 317.447.6136 or scanned and e-mailed as an attachment to your assigned financial aid administrator. All items must be completed within seven days of acceptance by the Admissions Department.
All Online Students
- Apply for a U.S. Department of Education personal identification number (PIN): http://www.pin.ed.gov/
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- You will use your PIN in place of your signature. Be sure to complete the 2012-13 version using your 2011 tax information.
- When completing the FAFSA be sure to use the IRS Database Retrieval tool to import your 2011 tax information into your FAFSA application.
- School Code: 015218 (this must be first choice)
- Read and complete the Student Financial Aid List of References and Authorization Form
- Attend an online entrance counseling session
- Apply for a Stafford Master Promissory Note
- Choose and complete one of the following loan applications:
A parent must apply for a PIN from the U.S. Department of Education: http://www.pin.ed.gov/
- Your parent should also use the IRS Database Retrieval tool to import their 2011 tax information into the FAFSA application.
Complete PLUS Credit Check form
- Provide the following: