1) PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Any and all Columbus, Ohio students, excluding dual-enrollment, that have perfect attendance for all eleven weeks of the Spring 16 quarter, shall be eligible to win a Kindle Fire Tablet through a random drawing. The contest begins at 12:01 a.m. on April 4, 2016 (Eastern Standard Time) and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on June 19, 2016. For purpose of these rules the “Sponsor” refers to Educational Management Corporation, Inc. d/b/a Harrison College, an Indiana corporation, located at 550 E. Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
2) HOW TO ENTER: All current and attending students are automatically entered the first week of the spring quarter of 2016. Limit one (1) entry per student. Each entry must be unique. Students will be apprised of the contest through Campus and Canvas announcements. All information is collected in the United States of America. Any information submitted by students will be used to contact them with information related to the contest, unless otherwise authorized.
3) WINNER SELECTION: The Winner will be selected by utilizing a true random number generator after a list of students with perfect attendance is compiled through CVue attendance reporting. The selection will occur during the week of break week following Spring Quarter. The Sponsor will make 3 attempts to notify the Winner and if unsuccessful then an alternate Winner will be selected and notified. Non-selected Entrants will not be contacted. Should a potential winner decline the prize offered for any reason whatsoever, an alternate Winner will be selected and notified.
4) PRIZE: Kindle Fire Tablet valued at approximately $50. The Winner must accept the prize within 14 days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. No barter, transfer, substitution or assignment of prize is permitted, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion. The prize can be claimed on campus or if the winner consents, it will be mailed to their current address.
5) ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States of America and who are currently attending the Columbus, Ohio campus and its market during the Spring 2016 quarter. Entrants who are under 18 years of age on the date the Entry is submitted must enter with the consent of their parent or guardian. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, promotion, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members and persons living in the households of each are not eligible to enter.
6) GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Entrants may not receive any compensation or credit for entering, other than that disclosed in these rules. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules. All Federal, State or local laws and regulations apply. Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Indiana, USA, and participants hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Indiana courts (state and federal) for any cases or controversies arising out of the Contest. Any dispute arising out of or relating to the Contest shall be settled by arbitration in Indianapolis, Indiana, administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The Winner shall be responsible for any tax arising out of from this Contest in accordance with applicable federal, state, local laws. Non-compliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agents to use Winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. This includes, but is not limited to, disclosing the Winner’s first initial and last name and hometown in any requested winners list. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and all of their employees, officers, directors, shareholder’s and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest.
7) WINNER: To receive the name of the winner, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Harrison College Spring 16 Perfect Attendance Contest, 3880 Jackpot Road, Grove City, Ohio 43123. The name of the winner will also be posted online at https://www.facebook.com/HCColumbusOh. The name of the Winners will be available after June 24, 2016. Requests received after the Contest end time stated in Section 1 of these Official Rules will be disregarded.