Skills USA Scholarship
Skills USA is a program which partners industry leaders in a variety of service industries. The organization’s purpose is to help students gain the skills needed to improve his/her career goals in a desired field, as well as help employers build a well-trained team. This scholarship is open to individuals who participate in the Skills USA competition in the Culinary Arts or Commercial Baking categories at the state level. Scholarship amounts are based on competition results at the State Level.
- State Competition (Culinary or Management competition)
- 1st Place - $1,000
- 2nd Place - $750
- 3rd Place - $500
- Scholarships from the state will be awarded in the first term of their program
Note: Students who compete and place in multiple competitions (Junior/Senior Year), will be awarded the greatest value scholarship from all competitions.
- Must be an active member of Skills USA
- Must win first, second or third place in the state competition held by Skills USA
- Must be a full-time student pursuing a degree at The Chef’s Academy
- Must enroll at The Chef’s Academy to begin classes within one year of graduating high school
- The Chef’s Academy must be the first college you have attended since graduating high school
- Winning certificate from competition will be required prior to scholarship being awarded
- Recipients will receive this scholarship from a representative of The Chef’s Academy or a designated Skills USA representative at the competition