How Are Online Studies Structured?
As an online student, you will have the freedom to set up and follow your own schedule while managing your time and workload to meet deadlines your instructors set for assignments. Self-discipline and time management skills will be necessary for ensuring that you do your part to gain a quality education.
In online studies, you will be taught the same things other students are taught in on-campus classrooms. The largest benefit of online studies is that you are able to study and work on assignments at a time that is convenient for you.
About Online Studies
Learn more about how online studies work by reading some important points below.
Leading online learning management system called Canvas
- Access your courses and submit assignments from a computer or even your iPhone or Android phone or tablet device
- Choose how you want to communicate with your instructors, classmates and Harrison support staff members through text messages, email or social media – Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn
- Easily view your upcoming course assignments for all of your classes in one convenient calendar
- Each class has its own experienced instructor with whom you can communicate outside of class. You will be in a virtual classroom with other students from around the state, country and world.
24-hour access to class assignments and materials
- You are able to access classes 24 hours a day, seven days a week, wherever you have Internet access. Students are not assigned times when they must log in to class, but they will have assignments that must be completed each week. You also need to check in throughout the week to receive updates and announcements from your instructors and communicate with yours instructors and classmates.
Flexible time commitments
- Depending on the class and assignments due in a given week, you can spend anywhere from four to 15 hours per week on a course.
- Each student learns differently. Something that takes one student two hours may take another student six hours. The best way to stay on track with your assignments is to plan a weekly schedule that accounts for your work, family time, class time and study time.
Meet deadlines on time
- Although you have the freedom to complete assignments whenever is most convenient, instructors enforce strict deadlines on homework they assign. Meeting deadlines is key to a successful education and career.
Receive extensive student support
- Quickly get help to your Canvas questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year via phone, email or live chat.
- Easily connect with and get help from your financial aid representative, registrar, librarian, etc. directly within the Canvas learning management system.